As I was going through all of my photos on my computer I realized I don't have near enough pictures of my mom. First off I have to say how lucky I am to have my mom. She has so many amazing talents and qualities that I can only hope to obtain. I decided that I am going to list my top ten favorite things about my mom in honor of her B-day.
1. My mom comes from New Zealand I used to love it when I was little. I wanted my friends to hear my mom talk, because even tho I can't hear her accent I loved to hear how they thought that she sounded so cool. It was something that made my mom way cooler then anyone else's growing up.
2. My mom is a wonderful cook. She would cook all different types of meals, always well balanced and healthy. Now being a mom I know how hard that can be sometimes and am so appreciative to her and all of the effort that she put into our meals.
3. My mom is a teacher and has been teaching first grade for about 25 years. She is amazingly patient and talented with children. Both of her parents also were teachers so you could say that it runs in our blood. She really is the best teacher that Oasis Elementary has they are lucky to have her.
4. I love my moms honest and real outlook on life. I can always count on my mom to tell me the truth and to just be real about life. She is not afraid to tell it like it is and that is refreshing.
5. My mom is a painter. She has painted everything from still life to landscape. She is really good and I think doesn't realize how good sometimes. When I left for college she asked me what I would like for a painting to take with me. I thought about it and decided on snow in the desert. It doesn't happen often but when it does there is nothing like it and I thought that might be nice to have in my room. She painted it for me and I still have it hanging in my house now.
6. My mom has a real gift for gardening. She has created an oasis in the middle of the desert. This is one of her truest gifts. It really is amazing. She has peach, fig, plum, apricot, pomegranate trees, you name it she has grown it. I can only imagine what she would be able to do in the fertile ground of Idaho. I have a difficult time identifying weeds.
7. My mom taught me the right way to clean a house and I am forever grateful to her. Most of us don't really think about this but It really is a big deal. I am so glad she took the time to teach me the right way to clean a toilet.
8. I know this one is silly, but my mom will drink Herbal tea sometimes, and now I love it and every time I have a sip from my mug I think of her.
9. My moms testimony is unwavering, or least I have never seen her waver. My parents have been through some tough trials. Yet their testimonies are strong and unmovable. There are few things that straighten testimonies more then people who lead through example and that is my mom.
10. I am forever grateful that my mom had the faith and courage to leave her home and family and come to a little desert town in a different country. To married my dad and choose the life she has. She is the example in my life. I love her for her toughness. I love her for her example on what a real woman should be, I am trying my best to follow it. I love you mom. Happy Birthday.
{Cuz, I love ya!}
11 years ago



1 comments:
So sweet. She is a beautiful, beautiful lady. I see where you got your amazing looks and character.
Post a Comment