November 10 was Natalie's birthday and we had a wonderful party to celebrate her 31st.
One of the best parts about Nat's birthday is reflecting on the unique gifts and personality quirks that make her special. I was going to put them into a card but decided instead to break into Natalie's blog and share them with the world. Hopefully it doesn't backfire. Feel free to leave a comment if I have missed anything.

The kid's favorite things about Natalie(Mom):
- She gives the best baths; bubbles, toys, and playtime in between washings.
- She gives out the treats from the "fun bucket" when someone does something right.
- Every time we leave for a trip or fun activity Natalie yells "WHO'S OUT FOR FUN?" All the kids yell back "ME" and we know something cool is about to happen.
- She has a miraculous way to make each child know they are mom's favorite, unless they are in trouble and then they know they are definitely mom's least favorite.
- Whenever the kids, or I, see her play the guitar or piano they have this look on their face like "mom is seriously awesome" instead of "what does mom think she is doing?"
- Whenever it comes time to dress up(picture day, church, whatever) the kids know they can go to mom and their hair and outfit will look cute.
- If anyone gets hurt (which usually relates to our stairs in some way) they run straight for mom because she knows just what to do to make it better.
Things Natalie would make a deal with the devil for:
- Tickles or massages on the neck or back.
- A date with Edward Cullen from the Twilight series.
- A full nights sleep for all 3 kids.
- The foreclosure in Ririe.
- Rasberry Hot Chocolate in the Winter, Cold DP in the summer.
- A full bath with no interruptions or time to get ready with no interruptions.
- A pet cat or puppy. (This is NOT an offer for your pet so don't even think it!)
- Beef, chicken or eggs with absolutely no veins.
- Self folding clothes.
Finally I couldn't leave off without my personal favorites:
- When we got married everyone knows I made out like a bandit, but Natalie seems to think exactly the opposite.
- No matter where we live, I am always married to the cutest girl on the block.
- The cute thing is doubly important because the kids seemed to inherit their looks from mom.
- Whenever I do anything that qualifies me as a knucklehead, Natalie still trusts me.
- She is not afraid to tell me when I am being an jerk or making a mistake. When I try to fight it, she's not afraid to tell me the real problem is my pride.
- She is enough of a dreamer to inspire even me.
- I've never once questioned if Natalie still loved me.
- I am still in contact with most of my friends and loved ones because of Natalie.
- She has embraced being a mom despite the obvious appeal of diapers, sippy cups, and laundry.
- She is the most beautiful, loving wife a man could desire.
I know Natalie has touched may lives with her gifts and talents so don't hesitate to comment on how much you dig her.



7 comments:
I don't get how she does it! It makes me madder than a hornet! I am getting uglier as I age, Natalie is getting prettier! GHAAAH!!!!
Happy Birthday Natalie!!!! And kudos to YOU for having such an amazing family!
I LOVE YOU NAT!!!! You are such a great friend and wonderful mother and wife. You have one of those unique personalities that people are just drawn to and LOVE. Thanks for all the great times and the Love you give our family. We hope you had an amazing day!! By the way Kade-nice work, that was pretty darn sweet!
Oh Nat. What a lucky lady you are. Great hubby, wonderful kids, and being perfect. You're fabulous. Thanks for being a great friend and example to me. Love ya tons.
Happy Birthday! You are such a great mom and you obviously have great taste in men! Did you read all that praise! Hope you day was GREAT!
holy kade!!! that was the cutest and sweetest thing ever!
happy birthday shuga! you freaking rule the school!
Kade is pretty darn great!! Now you all see that I won the prize.
Post a Comment