CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

The story of the three fishermen

This is about three fishermen, the first being me about twenty five years ago. My poor father was blessed with four daughters. He got us all excited to go fishing, we all got little fishing poles, drove up to the fishing spot. He cast in our lines and one of us actually caught one, probably a trash fish, something you don't keep. We were so excited, we had actually caught a fish, then we realized the fish was going to die...!! So after all the screams of terror, and tantrums of crying, my dad packed up the poles and we never went fishing again.

The second fisherman is my Ava. She was so cute. She sat down with me on a log, we just watched the river (snake) together. Then a fish was caught. I don't think she cared less. Half way through the trip she just went and sat in the cab of grandpa's pickup. Totally happy and caring even less about all of the fish hype.


The third fisherman is Ella, Now she has been looking forward to fishing for about six months now, asking me over and over again when she would get to go. She got a fishing pole from grandpa and grandma kraus for her birthday. So we finally go. She catches her first fish, Just a white fish. White fish I guess are considered trash fish they have to many bones, so kade was going to toss it for the birds to eat. Then I heard ella...
" No, don't let it go, I want to eat it, lets eat it!!"

Talk about three very different fishermen.

nat

3 comments:

Jill said...

Too cute, Nat! I can't wait to see what type of fisherman Harper will be! Probably in the water...because that's where I'd find Landon! :) Love the story!

The Clark said...

hey!!!! great to see you on the web. i miss you guys. could there be any cooler people?

Jon and Melissa said...

So did you eat the fish???? We should do some fishing on our camping trip- is it still on?