The other day I was thinking of all the things I wanted to be when I grew up! I was amazed at how many different things there was. I figure you can tell a lot about a person by the things they would like to do with there life. So here I am in a nutshell.
Sixth grade- A mom, this was funny cause all of the other kids wanted to be doctors, baseball players, lawyers etc. Who knew my first desire would become what I actually do.
Soon after- A chef, I remember getting into cooking pretty major, I loved to bake and make different dinners. My plan was to go to San Fransisco to a cooking school. I still love to cook and bake.
Around 7th grade- A clothing designer, I remember I had a notebook full of designs, I wish I knew where it was that would probably make for a good laugh. I remember a lot of puffy sleeves and stretchy pants. Probably good I didn't go into this field, I would be walking around looking like something out of a shake spear play.
Junior in High School- A Fashion Photographer, now this is something that I still love to do. I was one of the only kids in our art class that was into photography. I would take my poor sister Rachael up into Joshua Tree, into jumbo rocks and make her strike a pose, this was a good working relationship seeing how she wanted to model.
1st year of College-Psychologist , I went to a community college my very first semester. I had a psychology class that I absolutely loved. I liked the idea of studying the brain, the one part of our body that we really don't know to much about. I kept this major for about a year.
2nd year of College- Education Major, you know how some people have 3rd generation firemen, or policeman in their family. In my family on my mothers side its all about being a teacher. Both of my grandparents were teachers in N.Z. My mom has been a first grade teacher for about 25 years. You know what killed this idea for me, is at the same time as going to school, I was working at a daycare, I was the toddler teacher which meant I was in charge of about 12 two year old's, no joke, that will cure your desire to teach other peoples kids. Kade still favors this option tho.
2 years ago- History professor, now anyone who knows me knows that I am a big history nerd. I love it. So I thought pretty heavily on this one. You can't really make to much money at this, so I thought If I did go this route, I was going to go all the way. Teach at a college level.
To much school, still love it tho.
around a 1 1/2 ago- Writer, this one is my love right now and hopefully after all these years I have found my calling. I love telling stories to my girls so I started writing a couple down. Now I am working on something with a little bit more to it, but still a children's story. Cross my fingers on this one. The thing about the writing profession is that it is locked tight and very hard to get into. I can't help feeling that I was kind of built for it, I have one crazy imagination on me.
I know that, that was quite the list. The funny thing is this doesn't even count all of the crazy little businesses that my sister and I have come up with to make moolaa. If I had included all of those who knows how long this post would have become.
{Cuz, I love ya!}
11 years ago



4 comments:
I love it Nat! You will make it as a writer. Are you still working on the children's book I got to read, or are you onto something else. This was a fun post to read-you are well rounded!
Okay, you are a mom, a chef, a photographer, a writer, a psycologist (reasoning with 2 girls-psychology), a fashionista (I've seen some of the outfits you put together for your kids) a teacher (hello-every day!)
You are Superwoman!
And I can't wait to read your book. Still waiting.....
Interesting because Brent's a major history buff too. Did you guys study history together when you were little or what?
When I was little I wanted to be an ice skater. Pretty ambitious huh?
this is such a fun post! what a creative genius you are! your kids are adorable too! Ella is so cute all ready for school!
p.s. i need yor email, i made my blog private...tydevnulph@hotmail.com
Post a Comment